LCTS is an independent, volunteer-focused, local transport charity addressing social issues by connecting with local organisations to provide safe, affordable, accessible and inclusive transport services for disadvantaged elderly, disabled and young people, along with their friends and families.
We tackle isolation and loneliness, providing our highly popular Shopping Bus Service for people with health and mobility issues.
LCTS build strong communities fostering connections between voluntary organisations and disadvantaged older, disabled and young people in Lewisham and our neighbouring London boroughs.
The LCTS Volunteer Hub provides access to nationally recognised MiDAS & PATS driver and passenger assistant training providing a pathway to employment and an avenue to greater self-esteem for many people as drivers and passenger assistants.
In 2019 LCTS provided over 6,000 passenger journeys, delivered over 900 vehicle bookings, accommodated nearly 300 wheelchair users and together our members travelled over 33,500 miles; annual increases of 12.5%, 5.5%, 17% & 11% respectively.
Membership grew by 15%.
2020 was a different story.
Over two decades tens of thousands of LCTS passengers have benefitted from the many advantages of travelling in a group
• sharing the cost of travel
• greater choice of destination
• the convenience of one form of transport
• travelling together helps to form social bonds
• days out help to improve health and quality of life
• tackling isolation and loneliness by removing transport as a barrier to accessing community opportunities
• kinder for the environment as one vehicle can take many people helping to reduce the amount of vehicles on the road
YOUR CONTRIBUTION ENSURES THE CONTINUATION OF THIS VITAL SERVICE