Community Action for Erskine (CAFE) is a Development Trust working with others to make Erskine a better place for all residents, groups and businesses.
During the pandemic CAFE has become the lead organisation for a larger collaboration of organisations across the Erskine, Bishopton and Inchinnan locality - EBI Unites - which is working to tackle food poverty, isolation and build resilience for the longer term. A Memorandum of Understanding has been created and the practical effort of CAFE is focused on EBI Unites projects - the main ones being the Community Pantry and Wellbeing Centre and the ebi.scot community website. Funds raised via Givey will go to support these and any other EBI Unites projects and activities highlighted on the ebi.scot website.
Some of the achievements of EBI Unites to date have been:
• Delivered over 40,000 food parcels,15,000 meals, Provided thousands of PPE items
• Provided special deliveries for Xmas, Mother’s Day, Easter, etc.
• Supported a prescription collection service for over 100 households.
• Organised over 3,000 wellbeing calls to older and at-risk people.
• Created and delivered hundreds of activity boxes for children.
• Processed hardship payments and return to work assistance.
• Calls/visits linked to CPNs/Social Workers to vulnerable residents.
• Established effective two-way referrals with health, care and housing.
• Launched the ebi.scot community website enabling volunteer recruitment, referrals & info.
• Compiled a business and community directory aimed at recovery.
• Scoped innovative digital partnerships.
• Recruited, trained and supported over 200 volunteers.