ELATT is an award winning registered charity, providing training, education and employment opportunities for disadvantaged young people and adults in London. Founded in 1984, our primary aim is to inspire people to gain the skills they need to flourish in life and work.
We're continuing to provide vital support and training to some of the most vulnerable in society throughout the Coronavirus crisis.
Our students need your help to keep on track throughout this challenging time.
We train and support over 1000 students per year. Our community is made up of some of those facing the greatest challenges in society.
- 80% of our students are BAME
- 70% of our young people have health issues and/or disabilities and special educational needs (SEN)
- 30% of our learners have health disabilities
- We support and train over 600 refugees/migrants per year
- Most of our students are unemployed or on in-work benefits and experience poverty/in-work poverty
Donate today to ensure our students and local community get the vital support they need.
Coronavirus crisis – impact on our community
As our students and staff are having to move to remote working, our students are facing multiple challenges:
- Some of our students don’t have access to a laptop or smartphone to use for their work. We must provide these students with a device so they can continue their learning
- Many of our students don’t have Wi-Fi so may need to pay extra for additional mobile data. We need to support our learners with this additional cost
- In class, our tutors can support 10 students at the same time. Working remotely reduces these ratios and means that our staff have to spend far longer giving students 1 to 1 support. We need tutors and advisors to provide additional one-to-one support for our students
- At ELATT we always have a hardship fund available for our students, who experience poverty. This is even more vital during the coronavirus crisis. We need to increase our hardship funds to support vulnerable learners
How you can support us and our vulnerable students:
- A £10 donation can buy internet data for our students to continue their learning from home
- A £30 donation will allow us to get an urgent essential food package to someone in crisis
- A £50 donation can pay for a 1 to 1 session for with a teacher for a student in need of additional support to catch up and continue learning
- A £100 donation can cover the cost of providing a student with debt and welfare advice, bringing a crisis situation to resolution
- A £180 donation will buy a phone for a vulnerable student to use to work from home
- A £375 donation can buy a laptop for our vulnerable students to complete their course from home
Please help our students who are facing huge challenges during the crisis with this vital support.
Laptop for studies - £375.00
A £375 donation can buy a laptop for our students in need to complete their course from home
Smartphone for studies - £180.00
A £180 donation will buy a phone for a vulnerable student to use to work from home
Debt and welfare advice - £100.00
A £100 donation can cover the cost of a debt and welfare advice session for a learner in crisis
1 to 1 session - £50.00
A £50 donation can pay for a 1 to 1 session for a student in need
Supplies - £15.00
A £15 donation can buy groceries and supplies for a student in crisis
Internet access - £10.00
A £10 donation can buy internet data to enable a student with no access to Wi-Fi to complete their studies online