Briefly, Connectforce provides tablets to share between care home residents who might otherwise be relying on using their carers' own devices - or indeed might be unable to connect with their families at all.
Connectforce provides the tablets charged up and ready to go, and they also provide a full package alongside the device to make it easy for care home staff to use them:
• An introduction to Connectforce and clear instructions for the tablet
• Guidance on how to use the tablet for residents, care givers and family members (electronically)
• A tablet which will be fully charged prior to its donation and will have a baseline level of apps set up ready to use
• A framework to link in family members electronically, with a calendar to book calls and to lay out the schedule for the day
• Hygiene wipes and a best practice policy. This is especially important as the tablets will be shared
• Contact numbers for support
Connectforce are working with schools to double donations, i.e. for every tablet that Highgate School can fund through donations, Connectforce will donate one too.
A tablet costs £80, so in order to provide 3 tablets for each of the care homes local to Highgate, we are looking to raise £360, which will be doubled by Connectforce. Any additional funds raised will help provide tablets for more care homes.
More information is on the Connectforce website here: https://www.connectforce.community/what-we-do
Highgate is both a school and a charity. ‘Highgate is Here’: our school community standing together, to be here for those who need us the...